14 May 2007

Icy Simians- Where would one find them?

I was talking to Scott Mullane the other day, and mentioned something about the Arctic Monkeys' new track, and he agreed that it was pretty good, and he doesn't mind them, in spite of their origin…

I'm all like, what?

So, he says there was a national televised quest to find the NBT. Like Idol, or Popstars, etc. Something that has been suspiciously absent from any comment by Triple J.

They do good. I hope they write their own music tho', cos I think that's one big plus for them… I'll see what I can find out this evening...

[Edit] But just now I can see no reference to any of this in the wiki entry, so...
Hmmm. Oh well. It's either been supressed, (unlikely, methinks) or Scotty might've got his wires crossed. Or not heard me when ... Wait... i just remembered that I mentioned them as the "monkeys", and he musta thought i meant the Monkees. Huh. Well, please disregard this entire post....

1 comment:

Luke said...

or maybe the whole sandi thom thing?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandi_Thom#Controversy