29 May 2007

4-Bee Axione

So, I've been getting into this 4-wheel driving thing a bit recently… Not in that we've actually been doing any more, more so that I've been absorbing all the information that I can find. Especially … well, everything really. Bris31 has 4WD TV on Tuesday evenings, replayed on Saturday afternoons (also shown elsewhere around Australasia, check the website). Plus Outerlimits4x4.com.au, where I spend most of my lunch times…

And of course, this makes me want to get into the driving more also… the other week when we went camping with some folks from work, we went through some tracks up north of Noosa/Tewantin (see Carmen's post) and just for the fun of it I took the side steps off the car. Made it look a lot higher, but also made it harder to get into, especially for wives…

<<Challenger 2.jpg>>

But this weekend, all else being equal, going for a bit of an explore around the Glasshouse mountains tracks, with a bunch (like 15!) of people from OuterLimits4x4. Should be a bit interesting, as there are a huge range of types of vehicles represented there, from totally standard jackaroo-types, to fully-sick-mate 37" tyred, 10" lifted, V8-powered hiluxes, etc. Don't think I'm going to follow them, just quietly. But am looking forward to seeing some action in person, and learning a bit of driving technique even.

And now I have discovered a competition at Caboolture in September, so will be tops to go see what that’s all about.

1 comment:

Luke said...

font is different and picture is missing?

otherwise fine.

hehehe