18 May 2007

oooh, Flexxy

If I was to say "Flexcentric" to you, what would that mean? You'd probably say "He's making up words again."

And if I was to follow that up with "Patent, built under licence, not at liberty to disclose", you'd say "Ahh, very hush-hush. Say. No. More."

Well, I work here, and I work on these. Cool, hey. Indirectly actuated vibratory, 3-D modelled in AutoDesk Inventor. Good stuff.



So let's say I got an evaluation copy of Inventor, and installed it at home. What would I do? Would I do work at home? No, not really possible, since we use SAP, and I can't be bothered getting the necessary setup done. Would I ... Convert to 3D the model of the bike i drew in AutoCAD LT a couple of years ago? Yep, done that. So now what?



Now, is a new, better CV joint. The bane of all IFS 4wd'ers. I saw a snippet on the news the other day about a dude who has invented something that might be this, but i didn't catch the whole article. D'oh. Better get in quick then, hey?



My thoughts are ... Yeah, right. Give away my thoughts here. Tell you what: i'll sell them to you. Contact me via this blog....



Right.



Pajero IFS, with shock (blue), torsion Bar (black, near the bottom, coming in from left), steering arm (brownish, horizontal), new CV boots (the shiny black rubber things), Ventilated disc (ooh, shiny), and manual-locking hub.

K?

No comments: