30 July 2007

Ok then...

Bloke at work was offering this free to good home. His ad said "much TLC" req. Check the photos, i think you'll agree...







So I went and got an unreg trailer permit, picked up the trailer, and the next day towed it up to Dad and Mum's, collecting a bit of steel on the way.






Plenty of room for improvement, and plenty of targets for my grinder, hey?

And after all was salvaged...


So then I went into the garage (for the concrete floor...) and got set on the next step...






Next weekend I picked up some sides, and uprights, lights etc...







I cleaned everything that I was re-using with a wire-wheel on the grinder. Tops little tool, but pretty wicked. Wear the gear, cos as the wires break off (naturally) they come flinging out pretty quickly. You end up with bits of wire sticking out of your overalls, sleeves, skin, eyeball-peepers, whatever is exposed.


I wanted LED tail-lights, but the price of a free trailer is NOT zero...




Still to come: Paint and rego. I think it'll be a nice shade of black. Good, cheap black...

2 comments:

Luke said...

nice one bruv, are you going to trim the front though?

Rob Matthews said...

Yeah, tops trimmed to triangularish... It's also got the tailgate on, and stuff too... Next time we go up I'll get updated pics.