04 July 2007

Driving Games

Went to CityView 4x4 Park in Jimboomba (near Beaudessert … sweeet) on the weekend, with Brendan (prado), Doug (prado), Geoff (prado), Francois (hilux) and Mick (patrol).  Tops fun, all the blokes had a ball I reckon, in spite of the damage. Brendan now wants rock sliders, I think, and I need a new aerial. Geoff's sliders are proven (although a bit dented), and Dougie was stoked to have the most flex.

Expect some footage and photos when the intertubes come home, maybe next week.

I'm starting to think that more droop would be nice, especially in the front end, and even with the rear sway bar disconnected, there wasn't as much articulation as I expected, probably due to the stiff rear springs (extra leaf).  We did ok tho, with some very satisfying steps and jump-ups completed with no damage, minimal touching, and minor wheel-lifting… Wait for the pics...

Oh, and most of the wives and kids probably won't be coming next time we go…


No comments: