10 February 2008

Welder upgrade

So, I was getting rather frustrated at the duty cycle of my Ryobi Parva 140E welder (cutting out after a couple of 3.2mm rods, thermal), so I went to JayCar and bought a 120mm, 105cfm 240V fan. Fitted inside the enclosure to cycle a bit of air thru. Previously, there was nothing, relying solely on the vents and any air that might accidentally flow thru.

Went in easily, wired it in to the switch, so that when the welder is on, so is the fan. Opened the vents up a bit more while i was there.

Seems to work alright. Makes a bit of a racket, and I still managed to trip it out this arve, but ... dunno, can't hurt, and it makes me feel better, to know that I've done Something...

Photobucket
Photobucket

Bf0r3:
Photobucket
Photobucket

Fan:
Photobucket

And fitted:
Photobucket

(so is all that funny, Stu? I'll let you know how i go with the cage rear gate, too, don't worry...)

1 comment:

Luke said...

nice work dude, good to see there's action here again!